Lighting could arguably be one of the most important features in your home. It helps set the mood of a room. It also helps you see where you're going and allows you to work on tasks such as cooking, cleaning or reading. All lighting is not equal, and we’ve got eight “do’s and don’ts” for you to help you create a functional and beautiful ambiance in your home.
1. Don’t just rely on overhead lighting, but utilize various types of lighting to highlight your home.
2. Don’t forget to add beautiful and creative lighting to often overlooked areas of the home such as hallways.
3. Don’t forget to make your home more welcoming with outdoor lighting.
4. Don’t settle for generic lighting but replace it with lighting that displays your personality and style.
5. Do use outdoor lighting fixtures in your bathroom.
6. Do choose the right lampshade to complement your lamps.
7. Do use a statement light fixture in your home’s entryway.
8. Do choose the correct bulb for enhancing mood or accomplishing tasks.
Be sure to play it safe and check these Top Electrical Projects that Require a Professional from Mister Sparky before you install new lighting or repair any wiring in your home.