Most consumers want to save money when it comes to electricity, and the earth-conscious individuals want to reduce their carbon footprint. While turning up the thermostat a few degrees and using less hot water might sound like obvious solutions, here are a few lesser-known ways to save electricity, and money.
1. Consumers can check with the energy company to see if they offer any rebates for energy savings initiatives such as solar panels. Also, see this list of additional energy-saving tricks.
3. Plan an electricity-free day with a few of these ideas.
4. While it might take some effort and upfront costs, certain bushes and trees can actually help keep your home cool in the summer, and insulate it in the winter.
5. Set up a Google alert for “home energy savings” for a regular supply of tips.
6. Make sure to unplug devices that drain energy even when not in use, also known as vampire power.
7. Reach out to the electricity experts at Mister Sparky for a home inspection.