Thanks to social media, thousands of individuals attempt to complete seemingly simple DIY projects every day. From home decor to more complicated electrical projects, some succeed, but others fail. When it comes to projects that involve wiring, the results can prove more dangerous than comical. In the realm of DIY, you can always learn from others’ mistakes.
1. Take this chandelier fail, for instance.
2. Or perhaps, instead of a fun decor craft, you just want to swap out a light switch plate. These home improvement experts thought they could improvise.
3. Still, it can’t get much worse than the couple who thought they were being clever by wiring their bathroom lighting to the hair dryer.
4. Seen those decoupage lamp projects that use string, glue, and balloons? Well, this one was so epic it required a beach ball. You can see how well that turned out.
5. And when it comes to the mother of all DIY lighting decor for holidays and weddings, we can’t forget about the ever-popular string lights.
Make sure you play it safe when it comes to any electrical project and contact the experts at Mister Sparky.